If you're looking for an easy lunch, look no further than this Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wrap Recipe! It only takes 15 minutes to prepare and is full of spicy buffalo flavor and plenty of veggies.
It is so hard to make time to make lunch during the day so quick and easy lunch recipes are crucial. I love to make a big batch of Vegan Winter Farro Salad or Italian Cannellini Bean Salad for meal prep. Or even some Vegan Chickpea Egg Salad for the easiest sandwiches throughout the week.
But today, I'm sharing my current favorite easy lunch: Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps. These wraps are hearty and filling and full of nourishing ingredients. I promise you will love them
Why You'll Love This Recipe
I just know you are going to love this wrap recipe as much as I do. Here is why I think its the best:
- This recipe is ready in 15 minutes.
- The wraps are super flavorful from the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing.
- They are full of plant-based protein from chickpeas.
- And the wraps have plenty of veggies.
- This recipe is perfect for beginners. Its super simple.
Canned Chickpeas: Canned chickpeas are so convenient! Be sure to drain and rinse them thoroughly or this Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wrap recipe will get too salty.
Spices: I use paprika, onion powder and garlic powder to make this recipe extra flavorful.
Large Tortillas: I like to use a 10" tortilla for my wraps. But, you can use whatever size you have on hand. This recipe will just make more wraps if you use smaller tortillas.
Veggies: I used lettuce, cherry tomatoes and celery, but use what you like!
These buffalo chickpeas are also great in a salad if that is more your lunch style.
Just skip the wrap and add extra veggies. And definitely don't forget the ranch dressing!
If you don't love spicy buffalo sauce, these chickpea wraps are delicious with barbecue sauce in place of the buffalo!
Step 1. Heat olive oil in a skillet, then add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder.
Step 2. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the spices are bloomed and the chickpeas are warmed through.
Step 3. Add buffalo sauce to the chickpeas and cook for 1-2 minutes longer, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and set the chickpeas aside.
Step 4. In a large bowl combine the lettuce, celery and tomatoes. Then, top with some vegan ranch dressing.
Step 5. Toss the salad together until everything is coated with dressing.
Step 6. Fill a wrap with vegan buffalo chickpeas and the salad mixture. Then, roll up and serve!
Store all the components separately. Then toss them all into a tortilla at most 3 hours before you plan to eat it. The veggies will start to get soggy if they are in the wrap too long. Separately though, the components will last in the refrigerator for 4 days.
Yes! This recipe is delicious with cannellini beans. They are a little softer in texture, though.
Expert Tips and Tricks
When you add the buffalo sauce into the pan with the chickpeas, use a wooden spoon to scrape up any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan. Those bits have the most flavor!
Looking for More Easy Vegan Lunch Recipes?
If you tried this Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wrap recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wrap Recipe
- 1 10 inch Skillet
- 1 Fine Mesh Strainer
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Knife
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 15 oz Can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- ¼ Cup Buffalo Sauce I like Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce
For the Veggies
- 3 Cups Chopped Lettuce
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Medium Stalk of Celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon Vegan Ranch Dressing I used Follow Your Heart brand
- 2 10-12 inch Wraps or Tortillas
Make the Buffalo Chickpeas
- Heat a 10" skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil, chickpeas, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder and black pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.1 tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 15 oz Can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed, 1 teaspoon Paprika, ½ teaspoon Onion Powder, ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder, Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- Add the buffalo sauce and cook stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes more or until most of the liquid has evaporated. See note! Remove from heat and set aside.¼ Cup Buffalo Sauce
Make the Ranch Salad
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cherry tomatoes and celery. Add the vegan ranch and toss to combine.3 Cups Chopped Lettuce, ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes, chopped, 1 Medium Stalk of Celery, thinly sliced, 3 tablespoon Vegan Ranch Dressing
Make the Wraps
- Lay a tortilla on a flat surface. Add half of the salad mixture, then top with half of the buffalo chickpeas. Roll the wrap up.2 10-12 inch Wraps or Tortillas
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve.