These Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes are made with oat milk and are filled with chocolate chips and fresh banana. They are tender, quick to make and are absolutely delicious! The perfect plant based breakfast.
So, pancakes it is! They are quick, only require a few ingredients and the flavor combinations are endless. And since I had a couple of overripe bananas laying around, I made these delicious Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
Flour: Regular All Purpose Flour. I always use King Arthur brand.
Baking Powder: For lift.
Cinnamon: For a little background warmth.
Salt: For Balance.
Oat Milk: these vegan banana chocolate chip pancakes are made with oat milk because its neutral in flavor.
Mashed Banana: Mashed banana adds flavor and sweetness.
Canola Oil: To keep the pancakes tender.
Vanilla: As a background flavor.
Chocolate Chips: Because chocolate chips make everything batter.
If you don't have oat milk, no worries! Any plant based milk will work.
Also, the amount of chocolate chips is a guide. If you want more, add more!
These Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes are super easy and quick to make.
First, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
Next, combine the mashedbanana, and the remaining wet ingredients in a large bowl.
Now, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk to form a batter.
Then, heat and grease a skillet, scoop the batter and immediately add chocolate chips.
Cook until browned on both sides.
And finally, serve with plenty of maple syrup.
To store these vegan banana chocolate chip pancakes, place parchment between each pancake, place in an airtight container or plastic bag and freeze for up to a month.
The parchment will ensure that the pancakes don't stick together.
Reheat in the toaster or toaster oven.
I don't recommend refrigerating.
Top Recipe Tip
Make sure the bananas are overripe. There is no additional sugar in the pancake recipe, so we are relying on the banana to be really sweet.
And mash the bananas well. The pancakes will mix better if the pieces of banana are small.
Looking for More Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
Tofu Scramble by: Simple Vegan Blog
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Large Non Stick Skillet
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¾ Cup Mashed Overripe Banana 2 Medium Bananas
- 1 ¼ Cup Oat Milk
- 2 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter to grease the skillet
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine.1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Into a large bowl, combine oat milk, add mashed banana, canola oil and vanilla. Whisk to combine.¾ Cup Mashed Overripe Banana, 2 tablespoon Canola Oil, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until a batter is formed.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium low heat.
- grease the skillet with coconut oil or vegan butter.Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter to grease the skillet
- Using a ⅓ cup measuring cup, portion as many pancakes as will fit comfortably in your skillet, them immediately top them with 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips each.½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Cook over medium low heat until the pancake is browned on the bottom and bubbles form on the top of the pancake, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 3-5 minutes longer.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and serve.