This Vegan Gluten Free Raspberry Chocolate Sheet Cake is decadent, moist and easy to make. The perfect dessert to feed a crowd!Jump to Recipe
This cake is so moist and decadent. Its super chocolate and topped with light buttercream that is swirled together with raspberry jam. This cake will please the gluten-free crowd and the people who can eat gluten, so its the perfect thing ti make for a get-together.
King Arthur Gluten Free All Purpose Flour: This is the only gluten-free flour blend I use. Be sure its the blend with no xanthan gum!
Oat Flour: Oat flour is used as a binder in this recipe.
Leaveners: A combination of baking powder and baking soda to help this cake rise tall.
Xanthan Gum: A bit of xanthan gum is essential to bind everything together.
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar, here.
Plant Milk: I used oat milk but any plant-based milk will work.
Applesauce: For moisture.
Oil: I used canola oil, but any neutral oil will work.
Vanilla: For background flavor.
This Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Sheet Cake is super easy to whip together. Here is how to do it:
First, combine the sugar, vegan milk, oil, apple sauce and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Next, sift the gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, oat flour, leaveners, salt and xanthan together.
Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk well.
Then, pour the mixture into a prepared 9"x13" pan and bake!
How to Make the Frosting
This frosting is just my Vegan Vanilla Frosting Recipe. Its quick and easy and makes the perfect amount of frosting for this Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Sheet Cake.
First, cream vegan butter in a bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer.
Then, add sifted powdered sugar and combine on low until all of the sugar is just combined.
Now, add vanilla and mix on medium speed.
Then, while still on medium speed, add a tablespoon of plant milk at a time until the frosting is light and fluffy.
How to Frost the Cake
To frost this Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Sheet Cake, first be sure that the cake is completely cool.
Then, top the cake with dollops of vanilla frosting and spread it out with a butter knife or the back of a spoon.
Next, add dollops of raspberry jam to the top of the frosting and use the knife or spoon to swirl it into the frosting.
Finally, add shaved chocolate to the top.
Now, its ready to serve!
Top Recipe Tip
Be sure the cake is COMPLETELY cool before frosting. Frosting melts very easily.
If you cannot tolerate oats, the oat flour in this recipe can be substituted with coconut flour.
If you don't want to make your own frosting, don't! There are so many vegan and gluten-free frostings at the supermarket.
To store this Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Sheet Cake, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Looking for More Gluten-Free Recipes?
Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies by: Basics with Bails
Vegan Gluten Free Raspberry Chocolate Cake
- 1 9x13 Pan
- 2 Large Bowls
- 1 Sifter
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 1 Spatula
- 1 ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 ¼ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ⅔ Cup Canola Oil
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cups King Arthur Gluten Free All Purpose Flour See note
- 14 tablespoon Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoon Oat Flour See note
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt use ¾ teaspoon if using table salt.
- ½ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 16 tablespoon Vegan Butter, room temperature
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk
To Top the Cake
- 6 tablespoon Raspberry Jam
- Shaved Chocolate and Fresh Raspberries Optional
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease a 9"x13" pan with oil or pan spray and line with a parchment paper sling for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, non-dairy milk, oil, applesauce and vanilla with a whisk.1 ½ Cup Granulated Sugar, 1 ¼ Cup Non-Dairy Milk, ⅔ Cup Canola Oil, ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Sift the gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, oat flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, and baking soda together, then add them into the wet ingredients. Whisk well to form the batter- about 1 minute.1 ½ Cups King Arthur Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, 14 tablespoon Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, 2 tablespoon Oat Flour, 2 teaspoon Baking Powder, 1 ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt, ½ teaspoon Xanthan Gum, ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pour the patter into prepared cake pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 36-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Make the Frosting
- Cream the vegan butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer.16 tablespoon Vegan Butter, room temperature
- Add the powdered sugar into the bowl and mix on low until the sugar is just incorporated.4 Cups Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- Add the vanilla and mix on medium speed for 1 minute.2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- While the mixer is running, add the plant milk 1 tablespoon at a time and continue mixing until light and fluffy.1-2 tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk
Frost the Cake
- Dollop the frosting over the top of the cake, then use a spoon or butter knife to spread.
- Top with dollops of raspberry jam and use a spoon or butter knife to swirl it into the frosting.6 tablespoon Raspberry Jam
- Top with shaved chocolate and fresh raspberries.Shaved Chocolate and Fresh Raspberries
Let me know how this recipe worked for you and if there is anything you’d like to see me create!