This Lillet Blanc Spritz it the perfect afternoon drink. Its light, refreshing and its the perfect spritz to try if you don't like Aperol or Campari.Jump to Recipe
This spritz is the perfect poolside, back yard barbecue or hanging out with friends drink. It is light and refreshing and takes no time at all to make!
You need just a few ingredients to create this cocktail. Here is what you will need:
Lillet Blanc: Typically, you will find Lillet with the other aperitifs like Aperol and Campari.
Soda Water: Any will do, but I love Fever Tree.
Citrus: I like a combination of lemon and orange, but grapefruit would also be delicious.
This Lillet Blanc Spritz is built right in a wine glass.
Start by adding the ice cubes.
Next, add the Lillet Blanc.
Then, top with soda water.
Finally, add the frozen orange and lemon slices.
And thats it- its ready to serve!
Freeze Your Citrus
I love the addition of frozen citrus to this Lillet Blanc Spritz.
It brings out the citrus notes of the Lillet, and freezing the slices keeps the cocktail nice and cold.
First, line a plate or a small baking sheet with parchment.
Then, slice the citrus into ¼" slices and place them onto the parchment.
Finally, freeze until they are frozen solid.
The perfect flavorful ice cubes!
What is Lillet
Lillet is a French aperitif. It is a wine that also contains citrus notes from liquers.
Its is slightly sweet and not bitter at all.
If you do not like the bitterness of Aperol or Campari, but you want to drink a spritz, Lillet is the perfect solution!
How to Tell if Alcohol is Vegan
The best resource for finding vegan alcohol is Barnivore.
There are many hidden non-vegan ingredients in things, so Barnivore is a great way to be sure!
Top Recipe Tip
For the best Lillet Blanc Spritz, start with cold ingredients.
If you make this cocktail with room temperature ingredients it will dilute too fast.
Looking for More Cocktails?
Vegan Gin Fizz by: I Heart Vegetables
Lillet Blanc Spritz
- 1 Cutting Board
- 2 Chefs Knife
- 2 Wine Glasses
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Baking Sheet or Plate
- Parchment Paper
- ½ Medium Lemon
- ½ Medium Orange
- 6 Large Ice Cubes
- ⅔ Cup Lillet Blanc, chilled
- ⅔ Cup Soda Water, chilled
Make the Frozen Lemon and Oranges
- Slice the lemon and orange into ¼ inch slices and place them in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.½ Medium Lemon, ½ Medium Orange
Make the Cocktails
- Place 3 large ice cubes into each wine glass. Then add ⅓ cup Lillet Blanc into each glass.6 Large Ice Cubes, ⅔ Cup Lillet Blanc, chilled
- Top each glass with ⅓ cup soda water.⅔ Cup Soda Water, chilled
- Place a frozen lemon slice and a frozen orange slice into each glass.