This Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita recipe is easy and delicious. If you don't like spicy drinks, simply leave the jalapeño out for delicious pineapple margaritas!
Margaritas are my favorite summer cocktail. They are bright, refreshing and delicious and dont require many ingredients. And this Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita is no exception. It is tropical, a bit spicy and so tasty. I like to serve these to friends at a cookout, or as a weekend drink with dinner.
What Kind of Tequila to Use for a Margarita
There are so many brands and varieties of tequila out there. And it can be hard to figure out which to use for a margarita. The two most common varieties are Tequila Blanco and Tequila Resposado.
Tequila Blanco is unaged tequila that is clear and colorless. I always have tequila blanco on hand. And its my what I always use in my Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita. My favorite brands are Espolon and Olmeca Altos.
Tequila Resposado has a golden color that comes from aging in barrels. And you can use tequila resposado to make these Pineapple Jalapeño Margaritas, too. But, I prefer blanco.
How to Make a Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita
This margarita recipe is so easy! I even use canned pineapple juice for extra ease.
First, add jalapeńo into a shaker. Then gently muddle.
Next, fill the shaker with ice. This is important! The ice has two purposes here. First, it makes the pineapple jalapeno margarita nice and cold as you shake the cocktail. Second, it dilutes the margarita as the ice melts. And this makes sure the cocktail isn't too strong.
After you fill the shaker with ice, add the remaining ingredients and shake for 1 minute.
Then, strain into two glasses that are filled with fresh ice, garnish and serve!
I like to garnish my Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita with a slice of lime and jalapeño and a wedge of pineapple. Or if I'm feeling really extra, I will make a bowl out of a real pineapple and use it as a big mug!
And if you don't like spice, leave the jalapeño out and this is a super tasty pineapple margarita recipe!
Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Jalapeño see note!
- ½ Cup Tequila
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoon Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- ¾ Cup Pineapple Juice
- Plenty of Ice
- Slices of lime, jalapeño and pineapple to garnish optional
- Into a metal cocktail shaker, add the chopped jalapeno. Muddle the jalapeño to break it up.
- Then fill the shaker with ice and add tequila, lime juice, cointreau and pineapple juice.
- Place the lid on the shaker and shake well for about one minute.
- Fill two glasses with ice and divide the contents of the shaker between the two glasses.
- Garnish with lime, jalapeño and pineapple (optional) and serve!