This Vegan Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bread is an easy and quick bread recipe that yields a soft, moist and delicious loaf that is studded with plenty of chocolate chips.
Cinnamon desserts are the best desserts. And while desserts like Vegan Cinnamon Apple Crunch Bread or Vegan Pumpkin Snickerdoodles feel very Autumnal, this Vegan Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bread is perfect for any time of year.
Not to mention this vegan loaf cake recipe is quick, simple and delicious. You need no special equipment to make this recipe. Its made right in a mixing bowl with a whisk and yields a soft, fluffy and flavorful loaf.
To make this Vegan Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bread Loaf you will need:
Canola Oil: I like canola for baking but any neutral oil will work.
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar, here.
Non-Dairy Milk: Any plain non-dairy milk will work. I used oat.
Flour: Regular all-purpose flour. I always recommend King Arthur Brand.
Leaveners: A combo of baking powder and baking soda help this loaf rise and stay light and fluffy.
Cinnamon: The cinnamon and chocolate combo is so delicious!
Salt: For balance.
Mini Chocolate Chips: I recommend mini chocolate chips, but you can use regular chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
Leave out the cinnamon for regular vegan chocolate chip bread.
Or, instead of cinnamon, use a chai masala spice blend or pumpkin spice blend.
Or, use white chocolate chips instead of regular chocolate.
This Vegan Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bread is super simple to make.
First, combine the flour, leaveners, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Then, combine the sugar, canola oil, non-dairy yogurt, non-dairy milk and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk to form the batter.
Now, fold the chocolate chips in with a spatula and scrape the batter into a prepared loaf pan.
Finally, sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar and bake!
Top Recipe Tip
Once the dry ingredients are added into the bowl, whisk only until the batter comes together.
If you whisk too long, the gluten will begin to form, which will make a tough loaf.
My Favorite Loaf Pan
I love this loaf pan by USA Pans.
It is sturdy, bakes evenly and I've never had a loaf stick to it.
To store this Vegan Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bread, allow it to cool completely.
Then, slice the loaf and transfer it to an airtight container or plastic bag.
Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.
Looking for More Quick Bread Recipes?
Vegan Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 8x4 Loaf Pan
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ Cup Plain Non-Dairy Yogurt
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips Like Enjoy Life brand
To Top the Loaf
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Prepare an 8"X4" loaf pan by greasing it and inserting a parchment sling.
Make the Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon for the topping and set aside.1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar, ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Make the Bread Batter
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.2 Cups All Purpose Flour, 2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Baking Soda, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, canola oil, non-dairy milk, non-dairy yogurt and vanilla.1 Cup Granulated Sugar, ½ Cup Canola Oil, ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk, ½ Cup Plain Non-Dairy Yogurt, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk to for the batter.
- Add the chocolate chips and use a spatula to fold them in.1 Cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Scrape the batter into a prepared loaf pan a use the back of the spatula to even it out.
- Top evenly with the cinnamon sugar topping.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loafcomes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.