These Vegan Oatmeal Banana Pancakes are made with 100% homemade oatmeal flour making these oat pancakes a super nourishing and delicious breakfast.
On weekends, when I have a little extra time in the morning, I love to whip up a batch of pancakes. They are super simple, but still feel a little extra special. And I love to flavor them with whatever I need to use up or with whatever I’m feeling that morning. These Vegan Oatmeal Banana Pancakes are versatile and FAST.
These Vegan Oatmeal Banana Pancakes are a bit different than the other pancakes recipes that are on Earthly Provisions in a few ways: These are made with 100% oatmeal flour making them gluten-free. And the entire batter is made right in the blender!
Making Gluten-Free Whole Grain Pancakes with Rolled Oats
So, as I mentioned, these Vegan Oatmeal Banana Pancakes start with a base of rolled oats. I like to blend the oatmeal up first to ensure that they all get blended into a flour.
Then the other ingredients are added to the blender and voila! Pancake batter in an instant.
And since the flour for these pancakes is made entirely from rolled oats, they are both whole grain and gluten-free. I don’t personally eat gluten-free all the time. I mean, I do eat plenty of gluten free foods like oats, rice, quinoa, etc. But I don’t eat exclusively gluten-free. But, if you or your loved one is exclusively gluten-free, they can enjoy these Vegan Oatmeal Banana Pancakes, as well.
Spice Up Your Vegan Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
I chose to flavor these Vegan Oatmeal Banana Pancakes with a dash of cardamom and a sprinkle of blueberries. Cardamom is the best and is not used nearly enough! It has a bright floral flavor that pairs really nicely with so many other flavors. Its incredibly versatile- its delicious in combination with warm spices like in my Chai Spiced Whoopie Pies, on its own like my No-Bake Cardamom Granola Bars or with fruit, like here! I like to buy it ground for ease of use, but I also have some whole pods that you can see in the pictures.
You can, of course, leave the cardamom out or substitute it for cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, if you please!
Use Frozen or Fresh Blueberries
For my oat pancakes, I used frozen wild blueberries. If you have fresh, definitely use them, but today I went with frozen. My favorite brand is Wymans. The berries are always delicious and super small in size which I love because its easier to distribute them.
Serve these Vegan Oatmeal Banana Pancakes up with all of your favorite toppings. For me, thats some plant based butter and real maple syrup.
Looking for More Breakfast Recipes?
Vegan Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Plant Milk I used So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 Medium Ripe Banana
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- Into the bowl of a blender add oats and blend on high for 1 minute or until the oats reach a flour consistency.
- Into the blender add the banana, plant milk, baking powder, salt, and cardamom. Blend for about 20 seconds or until everything is well incorporated- you may need to scrape the sides of the blender with a spatula.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium, low heat and grease it with non-stick spray or coconut oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter on to the pan and add a few blueberries onto the batter. Repeat as many times as your pan size will allow.
- Cook the pancakes for about 3-4 minutes per side and repeat with all the remaining batter.
- Top the pancakes however you like and serve.
- These reheat nicely in a toaster or toaster oven if you have extras!