Berry season is almost upon us! Berry season is the best season. Berries are so versatile. I love them all for different things. My favorite berries for baking are strawberries and blueberries. I like them because they are so sweet and flavorful without a bunch of big seeds. And this week, they were all on sale! So, I bought a bunch of blueberries with one thing in mind: A One-Bowl Blueberry Lemon Loaf.
Blueberry and lemon go so well together. Not only does lemon complement blueberries, but it also brings out more blueberry flavor. Which is obviously a good thing. Especially in baked goods where flavors can get lost.
This loaf is incredibly moist, tender and light. It bakes up SO nicely with the lightest crisp top which I love! I use yogurt here to help keep the loaf moist. I perfer So Delicious Unsweetened Plain yogurt, but any unsweetened plant-based yogurt will do, or even non-dairy sour cream!
Swap out the blueberries for any berry you like. Raspberries or strawberries would be great here. But keep do use fresh berries. Stirring frozen berries into batter often discolors the batter. If you don’t have any on hand, bookmark this recipe and wait until you do! You will thank me later.
Speaking of you thanking me later: take the time to make a parchment sling to help you get the loaf out of the pan once its cool. It will be very hard to remove if there is no parchment to help coax it out. It takes a little more time to prepare the pan, but I wouldn’t tell you to do it if it didn’t make a big difference- I promise!
This One-Bowl Blueberry Lemon Loaf is great as an afternoon snack with tea or as a dessert with a dollop of whipped coconut cream. Or even as a more indulgent breakfast. But, I’m not here to tell you when to eat your Blueberry Lemon Loaf- just to give you the recipe to make it.
One-Bowl Blueberry Lemon Loaf
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice The juice of about 1/2 a lemon. Be sure to zest it before you cut and squeeze it!
- 1/2 Cup Non-Dairy Plain Unsweetened Yogurt I used So Delicious Plain Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt!
- 1/2 Cup Plant Milk
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- The Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease an 8×4 loaf pan and line with a parchment sling for easy removal. See photos above!
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, lemon juice, oil, plant milk, yogurt and lemon zest. Whisk to combine.
- Place a sifter on top of the bowl, being careful not to dip the bottom of the sifter into the liquid. To the sifter, add flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Sift into the dry ingredients an whisk to combine.
- Add blueberries and stir to distribute.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and gently spread out with a spatula.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan to slice. Enjoy!
Let me know how you liked this recipe!