This Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Butternut Squash Soup is ultra creamy, easy to make, and full of flavor thanks to Thai red curry paste.
I love Winter squash season! There are so many varieties and they are all so versatile. Butternut squash can be turned into Garlic Butter Butternut Squash Steaks, acorn squash can be made into Acorn Squash and White Bean Stew, and sugar pumpkin puree can be make into Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Winter squash can truly do it all.
But, today I'm sharing a super easy and delicious soup recipe: Roasted Cauliflower Butternut Squash Soup. This soup is velvety smooth, super creamy and full of flavor. And this recipe uses only 9 ingredients!
Butternut Squash: You will need a whole medium butternut squash for this soup.
Cauliflower: Cauliflower is roasted along with the squash and aromatics.
Canned Coconut Milk: A whole can of coconut milk for creaminess and flavor.
Thai Red Curry Paste: Red curry paste is a one-stop shop for flavor. Its full of chilis, lemongrass, and galangal. And, just a few tablespoons make this soup delicious and flavorful. If you prefer a mild spice I recommend Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste and if you love spice I recommend Maesri.
Variations and Substiutions
Instead of butternut squash, use any winter squash in this soup.
Pumpkin, kabocha, and honeynut would all be particularly great!
You will need a blender for this recipe. I have a Vitamix, but any blender will work.
To make this Roasted Cauliflower Butternut Squash Soup, first, combine the cubed squash, cauliflower florets, onion, and cloves of garlic on a sheet pan.
Then, toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper and transfer the sheet pan to a 425*F oven to roast.
Next, when the vegetables are soft and starting to brown, remove them from the oven.
Now, scoop all the vegetables into a blender, and add the coconut milk, vegetable stock, red curry paste.
Then, blend on high until the soup is completely smooth.
Finally, pour the soup into a large pot to warm it up and serve!
This vegan soup should be velvety smooth and have BIG flavor from the Thai red curry paste.
To store this Roasted Cauliflower Butternut Squash Soup, pour it into airtight containers and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Or freeze for up to a month.
Looking for More Soup Recipes?
Roasted Cauliflower Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Sheet Pan
- 1 Blender
- 1 3-4 Quart Sauce Pan
- 1 Chefs Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 6 Cups Seeded, Peeled and Cubed Butternut Squash 1 Medium Squash (see note)
- 4 Cups Cauliflower Florets about ½ of a head of cauliflower
- 1 Medium Onion, cut into 8 large pieces
- 3 Cloves Garlic leave the cloves whole
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt half this amount if using fine grain salt
- 2 ½ Cups Vegetable Stock see note
- 1 15 oz Can of Coconut Milk see note
- 3 tablespoon Red Curry Paste
- Chives for Garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 425* F.
- Add the butternut squash, cauliflower florets, onion and garlic onto a sheet pan. Drizzle the olive oil on top of the vegetables, along with salt and black pepper to taste. Place the sheet pan into the oven, and roast stirring occasionally for 1 hour.6 Cups Seeded, Peeled and Cubed Butternut Squash, 4 Cups Cauliflower Florets, 1 Medium Onion, cut into 8 large pieces, 3 Cloves Garlic, 2 tablespoon Olive Oil, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Once the vegetables are soft and starting to brown, remove them from the oven and scoop them into the pitcher of a blender. Then, add the vegetable stock, coconut milk and red curry paste. Blend on hight until the soup is completely smooth.2 ½ Cups Vegetable Stock, 1 15 oz Can of Coconut Milk, 3 tablespoon Red Curry Paste
- Pour the soup into a saucepan and heat over medium until its hot. Then scoop into bowls and top with chives. Serve.Chives for Garnish
Let me know how you like this recipe!